May 14-17, 2020
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Review the information below.
- Complete an online submission form for each event you would like to submit wines for by Friday, November 22 by 5:00PM
- Deliver TWO bottles of each wine submission to the SVVGA Office by Friday, November 22 by 5:00PM for tasting during selection process (if applicable – refer to selection process below).
- Selections will be announced the week of December 9, 2019.
All wine submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by a qualified panel of third-party industry experts comprised of sommeliers, educators, and wine critics. Selections will be based on a combination of varietal character, regional sourcing, and distinctive winemaking along with any special criteria for the specific session including ratings by leading wine publications. Multiple submissions from the same winery may be considered, however the selection process will aim to showcase the diversity of Sonoma Valley’s vineyards and wineries.
- All current release wine submissions will be tasted and reviewed by the panel, with the exception of the large format bottle party submissions.
- All back vintages or library wine submissions will be evaluated solely on written description and technical notes submitted.
Each wine will be selected based on specific criteria outlined for each event, with the overall wine program strategically organized to showcase the strong tradition of innovative winegrowing and winemaking practices that are continuing to reinforce Sonoma Valley as a world-class wine region.
The following criteria applies to ALL Signature Sonoma Valley events:
- You must be an SVVGA Member to submit wines for Signature Sonoma Valley.
- All wines submitted must be produced from Sonoma Valley grapes.
- 85% of the grapes sourced for the submission wine must be from an AVA within Sonoma Valley (Bennett Valley, Los Carneros, Moon Mountain District, Sonoma Coast, Sonoma Mountain, and Sonoma Valley).