Fire Recovery Resources
In addition to business and financial resources for wineries/growers and their employees, this page also includes offers of member-to-member assistance and production information to help you with your 2017 grape harvest and winemaking needs.
If you haven’t already, please email info@SonomaValleyWine.com with an update regarding your business’ condition and operation. If any members are in need of help, please let us know.
Many in the wine community have offered to help. Here are some ways you can connect:
- #CAWINESTRONG, AVA groups from around the country have assembled to assist North Coast vintners affected by the fires. List of Available Resources
Help For Your Business and Your Employees
- California HOPE Project ENGLISH SPANISH
- Congressman Thompson’s FULL FIRE RECOVERY GUIDE: Guide to help individuals, families, and businesses navigate the resources available to them. Click here to download the full fire recovery guide.
- Sonoma County Economic Development Board Fire Recovery Business Resources
- EMERGING STRONGER TOGETHER FREE Disaster Resiliency Training THURSDAY, November 9 @ 5:30
- California Department of Food & Agriculture – List of Programs/Resources Relevant to Agriculture
- USDA Offers Opportunities to Help California Producers Rebuild and Recover; Assessments Underway
- SVVGA Members: For help with property access & generator fuel, click here.
- Unemployment Claims Information, Employment Development Department
- The CA State Board of Equalization (BOE) has a Disaster Relief FAQs page for information pertaining to California Property Taxes, in addition to info on tax relief for many BOE administered programs: State of Emergency Tax Relief
- Employment Law information from Dickenson, Peatman & Fogarty
- How To File a Crop Insurance Claim, guide published by United States Department of Agriculture.
- What You Need to Know About Commercial Claims, California Department of Insurance.
- Residential Property Claims Guide, California Department of Insurance.
- Fire Damage Insurance Claims Tips from a firm of Public Insurance Adjusters.
- Avoiding Post-Disaster Fraud, tips from the California Department of Insurance.
- The CDFA has extended the application deadline for the 2018 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program to October 25.
- Waiver of Excise Tax Penalties, from TTB. See also TTB’s When Disaster Strikes and Disaster Relief pages.
- Six Things Fire Disaster Victims Should Do Now, tips from the San Francisco Chronicle, including information on mortgage relief.
- North Bay Fires Information for ABC Licensees