Spann Vineyards: Wine Tasting Basics Class
Spann Vineyards, 8910 Sonoma Hwy., Kenwood CA 95452
02/28/2020 - 02/29/2020
- 12:00 pm
Take the mystery out of wine tasting with a 1-hour join-in class on wine basics at Spann Vineyards. Each Friday & Saturday at 11am, $20 per person, call 707-282-9143 to reserve a seat.
Through a tasting of 7 wines we teach:
- How to use all 5 senses to experience wine
- The philosophy of wine and food pairing
- What tannin is, where it comes from and what it does
- The origins of our grape varieties
- Basic wine tasting terms defined
- California wine history and its place in the wine world
A wine educator for 44 years, Peter Spann has been a restaurateur, wine importer, wholesaler, retailer, vineyard/winery owner and winemaker. He has taught on all levels from beginners to Master Sommelier candidates.