10/12/2017 – Sonoma, CA, Updated at 4:00 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in the state of the Sonoma Valley and our historic wine industry. It has been a challenging time due to numerous wildfires burning in our area.
- Our top priorities remain the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and our neighbors here in Sonoma Valley and in the surrounding areas also facing similar challenges.
- Our hearts and condolences go out to the hundreds who have lost their homes, businesses and personal property. We are saddened by the news that there has been loss of life and pray that those numbers will remain small.
- We are grateful to the first responders and crews working their hearts out to protect people and property in these terrible conditions. They are our heroes.
- The spirit of community in our valley is strong and we are resilient. Neighbors will help neighbors and we will get through this terrible time.
- Several fires continue to burn in and around the Sonoma Valley, primarily in the surrounding hills. The weather forecast for the next 8-12 hours calls for increased winds and decreased humidity so the situation remains critical and changeable. The CalFire Incident Report is the most accurate resource for fire information.
Here is what we know about the state of the Sonoma Valley wine industry as of October 12 at 4 p.m.